Our miracle RAINBOW BABY BOY arrived 8/2018

1st IVF = BFN
2nd IVF = Baby A, born May 2015
3rd IVF = Miscarriage at 14 weeks
4th IVF = BFN
After we paid for 5th IVF, positive pregnancy without IVF!

Because the important moments in life just don’t fit in a status update! I started this blog when I was training for my first ½ Ironman, (70.3 miles) to record what I hoped would be growth and progress but ended up being a huge learning experience. Although fitness is one of the key ingredients to a happy life, it certainly isn't the only ingredient. My blog has evolved to document growth, progress and setbacks in other areas too. From my surprise proposal in Rome and wedding in the fall of 2013, to Mom's devastating stage IV cancer diagnosis and death 2 weeks after I found out I was pregnant. Who knows what shape it will take, but thanks for being along for the ride.

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Missolua, Montana Marathon!

Today I signed up for my 14th marathon: 
the Missolua Montana Marathon on July 10th!
Pictured above: me running over a big-ass mountain, or maybe even a glacier. 

I can't tell you just how much I was looking forward to keeping my distance low and focusing on the 1/2 ironman running distance of 13.1 miles. For that, I would only need to run up to 12 miles in my training. But since the triathlon is on April 30th and the marathon is on July 10th my longer runs will need to start a little earlier...but I think it will work out well. Once I finish with the triathlon, I'll ramp up my mileage and already have a good running base. 

Tomorrow I'll work out exactly what the running portion of my training will look like but I'm looking at officially starting the marathon training mid-March; giving myself a full 18 weeks.

I'll have altitude (3,200 feet) to contend with...but, I'll worry about that later.

Very excited to build a trip around this, similar to when I went to Alaska, Big Sur, Napa or Chicago just for the marathon and stayed on to explore. Destination marathons are the perfect vacation, with a mix of exercise, relaxation, new experiences and discovery. Honestly, the idea of going on vacation and just laying around/not working out sounds like torture to me. Vacation is when you have more time to work out, not less! 

I've never been to Montana, and Missoula looks amazing! We're planning to road trip it and take two weeks. So excited!


No comments:

Post a Comment