Swam 1400 yards in 1 hour
Ran 3 miles
Biked 13.75 in 1 hour, 4 min.
So, what the heck am I eating while training? Well, I'm trying to find a nice balance between being satiated and having enough energy to perform, yet not overeating; using the fact I'm working out as an excuse to overindulge as I have in the past.
Yesterday I was able to get in three workouts: a 5:15AM swim of 1,400 yards, a 3 mile run (27:30min.) on my lunch break, and a bike ride of 13.75 miles (1:04) after work. When I start my day with a swim I seem to be constantly hungry. Sometimes, I even notice my stomach growling while I'm swimming! For this reason, I may add a small snack or protein shake prior to my swim, or have a bigger breakfast. Looking at what I consumed yesterday, the majority of my calories are after 12pm, which isn't optimal.
- Egg on toast (160)
- Black coffee and juice (50)
- Balance bar (200)
- Banana sm. (70)
- Almonds, 1/2 individual serving bag (100)
- Salad w/ red quinoa, mango & chicken on spinach w/ coconut chili dressing (240)
- DiGornio 200 calorie portion pizza (200)
- Popcorn, 3/4 of 94% fat free individual bag (100)
- Broccoli, raw 1/2 c. w/ 4tbs. hummus (180)
- Cabbage & carrots, raw & shredded w/ a few peanuts & 1tbs. spicy peanut vinaigrette dressing (105)
- Pomegranate juice, 4oz. (75)
- TJ's spicy jalapeno chicken sausage, two (200)
1,680 total calories
This seems like a lot of food, but I am trying to keep my calories above 1,600 and under 2,000. I'll explain why in my next blog entry!