Our miracle RAINBOW BABY BOY arrived 8/2018

1st IVF = BFN
2nd IVF = Baby A, born May 2015
3rd IVF = Miscarriage at 14 weeks
4th IVF = BFN
After we paid for 5th IVF, positive pregnancy without IVF!

Because the important moments in life just don’t fit in a status update! I started this blog when I was training for my first ½ Ironman, (70.3 miles) to record what I hoped would be growth and progress but ended up being a huge learning experience. Although fitness is one of the key ingredients to a happy life, it certainly isn't the only ingredient. My blog has evolved to document growth, progress and setbacks in other areas too. From my surprise proposal in Rome and wedding in the fall of 2013, to Mom's devastating stage IV cancer diagnosis and death 2 weeks after I found out I was pregnant. Who knows what shape it will take, but thanks for being along for the ride.

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

February Totals

Workout:
Ran 3 miles in 28:29min.
Biked 15miles in 1:03:32


Here are my totals for the month of February:


Total distance: 174 miles
Total time: 24:15:54


SWIM: 8,900 yards in 5:25:00 min.
BIKE: 118 miles in 8:45:41 min. (4:27 min/miles)
RUN: 56 miles in 8:35:13 min. (9:12 min/miles)
_______________________________________________
Let's compare that to my January totals:


Total distance: 159.57 miles
Total time: 27:02:04 min.


SWIM: 9,800 yards in 7:16:00
BIKE: 113.5 miles in 11:15:44 (5:57 min/miles)
RUN: 46 miles in 7:00:20 min. (9:08 min/miles)

While my swimming was less than the previous month (one extra day would have made it equal), I am really happy to notice that I'm going faster on my bike...I wasn't expecting to notice that much of a difference! I'm also happy that I've maintained and slightly increased the other distances.  


This training period feels like being in race: when you start out strong, excited and fresh only to find all that fizzle before you've reached the 1/2 way point. I've found it more difficult to maintain my motivation this month compared to last, when the idea of 1/2 ironman training was newer; more exciting. But just like the 1/2 way point in a race, you have to settle in, find your pace, focus on your mental toughness and tell yourself that quitting is not an option.


Goal for March: to up all of my distances substantially.

1 comment:

  1. You can do it! It has been really neat to see you do all your biking and swimming to get ready for this race!! I am sure you're going to do great!

    ReplyDelete