Our miracle RAINBOW BABY BOY arrived 8/2018

1st IVF = BFN
2nd IVF = Baby A, born May 2015
3rd IVF = Miscarriage at 14 weeks
4th IVF = BFN
After we paid for 5th IVF, positive pregnancy without IVF!

Because the important moments in life just don’t fit in a status update! I started this blog when I was training for my first ½ Ironman, (70.3 miles) to record what I hoped would be growth and progress but ended up being a huge learning experience. Although fitness is one of the key ingredients to a happy life, it certainly isn't the only ingredient. My blog has evolved to document growth, progress and setbacks in other areas too. From my surprise proposal in Rome and wedding in the fall of 2013, to Mom's devastating stage IV cancer diagnosis and death 2 weeks after I found out I was pregnant. Who knows what shape it will take, but thanks for being along for the ride.

Monday, March 28, 2011

Raw Food, Day 1

I signed up for a 7 day raw food detox program through the restaurant 118 Degrees. 
Why the name 118 Degrees? 118 Degrees is the commonly accepted temperature at which the natural enzyme value and nutritional contents of raw plant foods begin to break down and become useless for the body. One benefit of eating raw food is the energy derived from the enzymes and phyto nutrients available in foods that are still living!

Normally $210, the program was 65% off. So, I only paid $99.
Includes: 7 Breakfast items, 7 Lunch Items, 7 Dinner Items, and 7 Desserts.
This meal program is a specific menu to encourage detoxification and includes many new menu items. This program is available for pick-up Monday, Wednesday and Friday's at noon. Each day you will pick up meals through the following pick-up day's breakfast. It is best to start this program on a Monday and be sure to plan plenty of water to accommodate your detox in between meals.
This meal program is designed to accomplish the following things: Encourage Healthy Digestive Function, Release Water Retention, Support Organ Cleanse, Support Healthy Metabolic Rate, and Encourage Optimum Health. Additionally this program is very low in nut content and promotes eating for longevity as described in Jenny's recent book, "The Art of Raw Living Food."
I went today at lunch to pick up my lunch, dinner and dessert for today, all of my meals for tomorrow and breakfast for Wednesday. Then I return on Wednesday to do the same.
Meals, ready to be picked up!
Berry Bliss Bar
Not pictured
Pesto Rolls 
Delicately rolled coconut wrap with pesto and fresh vegetables topped with marinated mushrooms and basil cheese.
Marinated Kale Salad
Chopped Marinated Kale, Olives, Walnuts and Cider Dressing. 
Pictured above.





Dinner:
Heirloom Squash Samosa
Fresh Tahini Cheese in a Flax Omega Wrap filled with fresh organic vegetables and topped with red garlic sauce.

Pictured right.




Dessert:
 Chocolate Torte w/ Sweet Winter Berries

I know, I know it doesn't look good in the picture, but it was, I promise! What you can't tell is that it wasn't even 1/2 inch thick.

Pictured left.




This amount of food was filling for today, but each day is between 1,500 and 1,800 calories so I have a feeling I may need to supplement with some additional food as the week progresses- raw only though!!! 

1 comment:

  1. That's a good deal. When I did mine for 3 weeks, it was way time consuming putting together meals to take to work. Good luck, it's worth it, but grab some raw almonds from trader joes or something...the hunger does strike. Although after a week or so I was so tried of raw, the thought of another kale roll was enough to stop the hunger.

    ReplyDelete