Our miracle RAINBOW BABY BOY arrived 8/2018

1st IVF = BFN
2nd IVF = Baby A, born May 2015
3rd IVF = Miscarriage at 14 weeks
4th IVF = BFN
After we paid for 5th IVF, positive pregnancy without IVF!

Because the important moments in life just don’t fit in a status update! I started this blog when I was training for my first ½ Ironman, (70.3 miles) to record what I hoped would be growth and progress but ended up being a huge learning experience. Although fitness is one of the key ingredients to a happy life, it certainly isn't the only ingredient. My blog has evolved to document growth, progress and setbacks in other areas too. From my surprise proposal in Rome and wedding in the fall of 2013, to Mom's devastating stage IV cancer diagnosis and death 2 weeks after I found out I was pregnant. Who knows what shape it will take, but thanks for being along for the ride.

Friday, August 12, 2011

Cantaloupe and Cucumber Salad

Cantaloupe and Cucumber Salad
I found this recipe in the current issue of Runner's World Magazine and made it for dinner tonight. It was easy and delicious, combining flavors I wouldn't normally pair! Next time, I would add shredded chicken and almonds for some extra protein. Also, I only added 4 oz. of goat cheese, and it would have been better with the recommended 1 cup.

Runner's World contributing chef Patricia Wells assembles this cool,
refreshing salad for a quick meal after late-summer runs. 

“Cantaloupe adds an irresistible color, crunch, and sweetness to this vegetable salad,” says Wells. One cup of the hydrating fruit provides more than 100 percent of your daily need for vitamins A and C and a good dose of potassium.

½ cup plain low-fat yogurt
2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
1 ripe cantaloupe, cut into small wedges, rind removed
2 pounds heirloom tomatoes, cut into wedges
1 cup firm goat’s-milk cheese, crumbled
small cucumber, peeled and cut into very thin slices
2 small spring onions or scallions, white part only, and cut into thin rings
½ cup fresh basil leaves, cut into a chiffonade ½ cup fresh mint leaves, cut into a chiffonade
Coarse, freshly ground black pepper.
Purchased all items at Fresh & Easy with my $10 off coupon.
Combine the yogurt, lemon juice, and sea salt in a small jar. cover with a lid and shake to blend ingredients. set aside. In a large shallow bowl, combine the cantaloupe, tomatoes, goat cheese, cucumber, and spring onions or scallions. Toss the salad with just enough dressing to coat the ingredients lightly and evenly. shower with the fresh herbs and season generously with black pepper. serves four.
I knew there was a reason I asked for a nice knife set for Christmas.


Calories per serving: 249 carbs: 25 G fiber: 4 G protein: 13 G fat: 12 G


PATRICIA WELLS’S most recent cookbook tour (for her 12th book, salad
as a meal) brought the French resident back to her native United States.
“The weather was pretty awful, so I spent a lot of time on hotel tread-
mills,” says Wells
. “But in New York I did manage many runs in Central
Park.” The founder of culinary schools in Paris and Provence, Wells, 64,
has been running since she was 21. For more, see patriciawells.com.


No comments:

Post a Comment