Our miracle RAINBOW BABY BOY arrived 8/2018

1st IVF = BFN
2nd IVF = Baby A, born May 2015
3rd IVF = Miscarriage at 14 weeks
4th IVF = BFN
After we paid for 5th IVF, positive pregnancy without IVF!

Because the important moments in life just don’t fit in a status update! I started this blog when I was training for my first ½ Ironman, (70.3 miles) to record what I hoped would be growth and progress but ended up being a huge learning experience. Although fitness is one of the key ingredients to a happy life, it certainly isn't the only ingredient. My blog has evolved to document growth, progress and setbacks in other areas too. From my surprise proposal in Rome and wedding in the fall of 2013, to Mom's devastating stage IV cancer diagnosis and death 2 weeks after I found out I was pregnant. Who knows what shape it will take, but thanks for being along for the ride.

Friday, October 12, 2012

Week One: Progress!

Okay, I must confess: I did not change a thing last weekend with regard to my eating. As I piled on dessert prior to dinner, or polished off and entire Greek omelet, hash browns and toast, my excuse/justification was: It's okay - I blogged about it, so it has to happen; it will happen!

Monday, I managed to get in a lunch-time run of 3 miles in 29:36. We've been trying to go Monday, Wednesday and Friday and this is our 5th week doing of doing it. I also walked the dogs 3 miles, for a grand total of 6 miles. But again, I did not change my eating. I had several handfuls of candy corns (I cannot buy another bag!) and an ice-cream sandwich before dinner!


Tuesday was much better. We had a counseling meeting with district personnel and someone brought bagels. They were even being toasted and smelled so good! But the commitment to weigh in at the end of the week and very real danger of having to report ZERO pounds lost helped me pass them up, in spite of the fact that they stared at me the entire meeting. I would say that I also heard one whisper my name, but that would just be weird. I also managed to get in a 600 yard swim! I would have loved to stay in the pool longer than 20min., but at least it was something. When I'm being good with my workouts, I am more inclined to make better food choices...even though it makes sense to eat better when I'm not working out. But I even passed up the work nacho bar because 1) I couldn't afford any additional time and 2) I had worked out, so I felt like being good. I also did not eat anything bad once I left.

Wednesday was even better than Thursday because I ran again and ate well. No sugar, no simple carbs, except fruit! 

Thursday I thought for sure I might blow it because when I got home, because again, I had a handful of candy corns. But I didn't use that foot-off-the-wagon as an excuse to fall completely off! I ate a really light dinner, and walked 2 1/2 miles.

Friday - It was time for the big weigh-in!!!! I use the scale at our nurse's office. On the short walk over, I evaluated my casual Friday attire and told myself that clearly these jeans and sweater were heavier than what I wore last week...so, if the scale didn't show any results, that was why. But to my shock, surprise and delight... 


I lost 3.5 pounds!

Finding this out made my day! On the 3 mile run, we had the fastest time to date: 28:52! Success breeds success. This little boost was exactly what I needed going into the weekend to stay on track. I even passed up staff cake which I never do! Hopeful that week 2 will be just as good...or better!

No comments:

Post a Comment