Our miracle RAINBOW BABY BOY arrived 8/2018

1st IVF = BFN
2nd IVF = Baby A, born May 2015
3rd IVF = Miscarriage at 14 weeks
4th IVF = BFN
After we paid for 5th IVF, positive pregnancy without IVF!

Because the important moments in life just don’t fit in a status update! I started this blog when I was training for my first ½ Ironman, (70.3 miles) to record what I hoped would be growth and progress but ended up being a huge learning experience. Although fitness is one of the key ingredients to a happy life, it certainly isn't the only ingredient. My blog has evolved to document growth, progress and setbacks in other areas too. From my surprise proposal in Rome and wedding in the fall of 2013, to Mom's devastating stage IV cancer diagnosis and death 2 weeks after I found out I was pregnant. Who knows what shape it will take, but thanks for being along for the ride.

Thursday, September 12, 2013

I knew it was going to be a good day when...

...I saw a man running down the street in his undies.

Have you ever engaged in a conversation with someone before you realized they weren't wearing any pants? Well I have. And it happened this morning. With everything going on with Mom, I have made it a point to 1) get enough sleep 2) exercise and 3) get up earlier to enjoy the morning without being rushed.

I was on a walk with Trevi just as day was breaking. A hint of fall was in the air, and I thought of the turning of the season; my favorite season, fall. Which lead to thoughts of our wedding and me trying to figure out just how many days until we get hitched (72 - but who's counting).

I was lost in thought when a black standard poodle bolted from a house and into the street, playfully running up to Trevi and then darting off as Trevi lunged toward her. Shortly behind trailed the owner, trying to catch the moppy-haired poodle. I asked him if she was still a puppy and as he muttered his answer, I noticed that he had no pants on. And he didn't have boxers on either. These were real undies folks, tidy whities.

As soon as I noticed his lack of pants, I became embarrassed for him and tried to disengage, fixing my gaze on the asphalt ahead of me and saying come on, Trevi! But the poodle had other plans, and chased after Trevi yet again. Just when this poor, half-naked guy probably thought it couldn't get any worse, a car came down the street and had to stop in the middle of the road. As he ran into the street, still trying to catch the dog, my eyes telepathically questioned the two people in the car: are you guys watching this?

He finally caught the precocious poodle and the car continued on its way. I thought the show was over and as Trevi and I were a few houses down, I heard him cry out. I looked back, and here he came, this time in a full-on sprint. As he charged after his dog, I couldn't hold my laughter in anymore. And I knew it was going to be a good day.

I Heart My Poodle Classic Thong
If I had some extra money, I would leave THESE on his doorstep.

No comments:

Post a Comment