Our miracle RAINBOW BABY BOY arrived 8/2018

1st IVF = BFN
2nd IVF = Baby A, born May 2015
3rd IVF = Miscarriage at 14 weeks
4th IVF = BFN
After we paid for 5th IVF, positive pregnancy without IVF!

Because the important moments in life just don’t fit in a status update! I started this blog when I was training for my first ½ Ironman, (70.3 miles) to record what I hoped would be growth and progress but ended up being a huge learning experience. Although fitness is one of the key ingredients to a happy life, it certainly isn't the only ingredient. My blog has evolved to document growth, progress and setbacks in other areas too. From my surprise proposal in Rome and wedding in the fall of 2013, to Mom's devastating stage IV cancer diagnosis and death 2 weeks after I found out I was pregnant. Who knows what shape it will take, but thanks for being along for the ride.

Friday, November 13, 2015

The Cabbage Soup Diet

I have 9 more pounds until I'm at my pre-pregnancy weight and they are being pretty stubborn. In spite of the fact I've done at least 6 miles, 6 days a week since the beginning of September, they're still here. My eating has not been the best. Since my hubby eats fast food, it has been too easy to have him pick me up a bean and cheese burrito, or "just" an order of animal-style fries. My motivation to loose the extra weight before the holidays, combined with our super-small food budget since I'm still off work has left me few options.

So, I found the perfect solution. The Cabbage Soup Diet, also known as the poor man's diet. Perfect! I'm blogging to hold myself accountable, because sticking to this is going to be tough, especially for me since I'm home all day.  If I didn't blog for accountability, chances are I would only make it 3 days. I'm starting on Sunday the 15th since I have a baby shower on Saturday that will probably have some really delicious food, and because I want to be finished before our anniversary on the 23rd. I have two events during the 7 days that will be challenging; visiting my friend Andrea and my monthly book club meeting in LA. As luck would have it, we read Kitchens of the Great Midwest, a fiction novel with some really amazing recipes in it that a few of the girls are planning to prepare when we meet up to discuss. I'll report here how I do, good or bad. My friend Nicole lost 11 pounds in 7 days, so I'm hopeful.


Cabbage Fat-Burning Soup Cabbage Fat-Burning Soup

  • Prep
  • Cook
  • Ready In

Recipe By:Nell Marsh
"This tomato and cabbage soup was rumored, in days of old, to melt away those thighs."

Ingredients

  • 5 carrots, chopped
  • 3 onions, chopped
  • 2 (16 ounce) cans whole peeled tomatoes, with liquid
  • 1 large head cabbage, chopped
  • 1 (1 ounce) envelope dry onion soup mix

  • 1 (15 ounce) can cut green beans, drained
  • 2 quarts tomato juice
  • 2 green bell peppers, diced
  • 10 stalks celery, chopped
  • 1 (14 ounce) can beef broth

Directions

  1. Place carrots, onions, tomatoes, cabbage, green beans, peppers, and celery in a large pot. Add onion soup mix, tomato juice, beef broth, and enough water to cover vegetables. Simmer until vegetables are tender. May be stored in the refrigerator for several days.

(My friend added Italian seasoning, garlic, chili powder, paprika and cumin, saying that without it, it was too bland.) 




The Cabbage Soup Diet meal plan: Day 1: Unlimited cabbage soup and fruit (excluding bananas). Water and sugar-free fruit juice to drink. Day 2: Cabbage soup and additional vegetables. One jacket potato with butter for dinner. No fruit at all. Day 3: Unlimited cabbage soup plus any fruit and vegetables you choose (excluding potatoes or bananas). Day 4: Unlimited cabbage soup and skimmed milk. Plus up to eight bananas. Day 5: Unlimited cabbage soup and 565g of beef and 6 tomatoes. Drink 6-8 glasses of water today to flush extra uric acid from your body. Day 6: Unlimited cabbage soup and limitless beef and vegetables (excluding potatoes). Day 7: Unlimited cabbage soup with a little brown rice, vegetables and sugar-free fruit juice

No coffee unless black, lots of water and obviously no alcohol.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this fitness information post with us. The best product and diet plan can easily build your body in a few days. The certified personal trainer can also help you to stay fit by guiding. http://www.mypersonaltrainer.at/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete