Our last IVF was supposed to be our last, but when we found out her little heart had stopped beating, all I could think about was trying again. If I had been able to transfer an embryo the very next day, I would have. While another round is a huge set-back financially, we do not want to wish that we had five years from now.
We were hoping to do this in May, but the proposed embryo transfer (if we are blessed enough to even have any to transfer) would have been the day before her 2nd birthday party, and I am supposed to be on bed-rest. So, we pushed it back one month, and here it is! Today I started birth control pills, and I will start my first stimulation medication in less than a month! I'm really excited and fortunate to have another opportunity to try.
Here is my timeline and protocol:
- Start birth control pills on day 3 of May period. Take one pill daily at the same time. Do not take Placeboes. Start new pack if needed. Email me on day 1.
- Last day of Birth control: 5/31/17.
- Office visit for Ultrasound and lab 5/31/17. Please bring in the signed consent.
- Please stay on Vitamins
- Take 1 baby aspirin daily starting 6/6
- Start stimulation Medications. _6/5/17 Inject the following stimulation drug(s) daily
- Office Visit for Ultrasound and lab on 6/9/17.
- Please start Cetrotide in the morning of 6/11/17 (4 days only).
- Office Visit for Ultrasound and lab on 6/12/17.
- Office Visit for Ultrasound and lab on 6/14/17.
- Take Ovidrel injection and start Doxycycline as directed.
- Anticipated Egg Retrieval on: __6/16/17. We need your partner’s sample on this day. You will start Crinone, Estrace and Medrol day after the procedure.
- Anticipated Embryo transfer on Day 5: 6/21/2017.
- Bed rest for 3 days after Transfer
- Pregnancy blood test is on 7/3/17