Our miracle RAINBOW BABY BOY arrived 8/2018

1st IVF = BFN
2nd IVF = Baby A, born May 2015
3rd IVF = Miscarriage at 14 weeks
4th IVF = BFN
After we paid for 5th IVF, positive pregnancy without IVF!

Because the important moments in life just don’t fit in a status update! I started this blog when I was training for my first ½ Ironman, (70.3 miles) to record what I hoped would be growth and progress but ended up being a huge learning experience. Although fitness is one of the key ingredients to a happy life, it certainly isn't the only ingredient. My blog has evolved to document growth, progress and setbacks in other areas too. From my surprise proposal in Rome and wedding in the fall of 2013, to Mom's devastating stage IV cancer diagnosis and death 2 weeks after I found out I was pregnant. Who knows what shape it will take, but thanks for being along for the ride.

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Swimming, Day Two

Workout:
50min. swim
3 mile run

When you wake up so early feels like you're in on some great secret: what the world looks like before anyone else sees it. Driving to the OCC pool, it was so foggy I couldn't see 10 feet in front of me. But walking out to my car afterwards, still before sunrise, almost all of the fog had disappeared.

Kieth's wife was coaching today, and it was the first time I've met her. She was enthusiastic, sweet and encouraging. I practiced the same drills that I did yesterday, along with one new one: I kept both arms out in front of me as I kicked and then would take turns alternating to the left and right side, bringing my arm up and over as I did. She also had me practice kicking with one arm straight out in front of me with my body rotated in that direction. So, left arm out, rotated to left, with the right side of my hips facing up. I'm sure all of these drills have names, but I don't know what they are.

Throughout all of these drills, I kept getting water in my nose and mouth. And today I learned why! I am supposed to exhale under water and inhale as soon as my head is out of the water. When I exhale as I am turning my head, it prevents water from going up my nose & into my mouth! Brilliant! It also explains why I'm not able to get enough air in that amount of time - I have been trying to do both!

I don't want to wake-up and get out there tomorrow. But my fear of that date approaching and not being prepared is motivating me.

1 comment:

  1. You shared very nice and detail information with us .This article contain very useful things for us I am very excited bout this one it is so nice and very useful to us.Thank you for this information .I expect this kind of important information in future also so keep it up this nice work.
    ivf cost in delhi very useful information

    ivf doctor in delhi

    ReplyDelete