Our miracle RAINBOW BABY BOY arrived 8/2018

1st IVF = BFN
2nd IVF = Baby A, born May 2015
3rd IVF = Miscarriage at 14 weeks
4th IVF = BFN
After we paid for 5th IVF, positive pregnancy without IVF!

Because the important moments in life just don’t fit in a status update! I started this blog when I was training for my first ½ Ironman, (70.3 miles) to record what I hoped would be growth and progress but ended up being a huge learning experience. Although fitness is one of the key ingredients to a happy life, it certainly isn't the only ingredient. My blog has evolved to document growth, progress and setbacks in other areas too. From my surprise proposal in Rome and wedding in the fall of 2013, to Mom's devastating stage IV cancer diagnosis and death 2 weeks after I found out I was pregnant. Who knows what shape it will take, but thanks for being along for the ride.

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Raw Food - Day 3

So, I woke up this morning so hungry that I made an executive decision to break the raw-food only rule and have a protein shake in addition to the breakfast they gave me:


I also made up my mind that I was going to call 118 Degrees and cancel the program. I knew I would have to add additional food...but was told the meals would be 1,500 to 1,800 calories. I need to be getting around 2,000 and there is no way what I consumed yesterday was over 1,000. When I called, they were really nice and said they would add some additional food for no extra cost. So, I decided to stick with it. Mainly because doing a grocery shop at this point in the week seems like too much work! For lunch I had 
Stuffed Tomato w/ Marinated Shitake Salad:
And then a snack:


I also stopped and picked up a Cliff Bar - my 2nd non-raw item of the day - because I was going to meet Delia for a run. On the run I felt my energy level was much lower and asked to walk, twice! After our run, I went into Trader Joe's and picked up some fresh pineapple spears and had two on the way home. Dinner was yummy, 
Omega Chia Cake Wrap w/ Spinach:
And, dessert wasn't bad either:
Saturday is going to be a big training day for me so don't worry - I am going to eat a lot more on Friday and Saturday. This program would be great if I weren't training, but there is no sense in trying to tough it out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment