Our miracle RAINBOW BABY BOY arrived 8/2018

1st IVF = BFN
2nd IVF = Baby A, born May 2015
3rd IVF = Miscarriage at 14 weeks
4th IVF = BFN
After we paid for 5th IVF, positive pregnancy without IVF!

Because the important moments in life just don’t fit in a status update! I started this blog when I was training for my first ½ Ironman, (70.3 miles) to record what I hoped would be growth and progress but ended up being a huge learning experience. Although fitness is one of the key ingredients to a happy life, it certainly isn't the only ingredient. My blog has evolved to document growth, progress and setbacks in other areas too. From my surprise proposal in Rome and wedding in the fall of 2013, to Mom's devastating stage IV cancer diagnosis and death 2 weeks after I found out I was pregnant. Who knows what shape it will take, but thanks for being along for the ride.

Saturday, October 6, 2012

Almost, but not quite - time to REFOCUS!

In my last blog post, I wrote about backing off from distance running, and struggling with no longer having high mileage, since that has been such a large part of my identity for over a decade. I also wrote about my goal to loose 8-10 pounds before Hawai'i, which was 30 days away.

I fell short of that goal, but was happy with the 7 pounds I lost. 

Then, we went to Oregon and the new school year started...and I was busy enjoying life and somehow, those 7 pounds found their way back to me. And then a few.

Now, I sit hear again, with 47 days until our next trip to Hawai'i and it's time to get serious.

So instead of not updating for months, I'm going to provide a weekly summary of my progress/workouts/goals/results - something; anything! Somehow, putting it in writing helps hold me accountable.

Just what did I think was going to happen with food like this?
And I need to be held accountable, because I just keep saying "it starts tomorrow!" Yesterday, our secretary was going to McDonalds, and offered to pick something up. So I had a McMuffin. But then, I had pizza for lunch - the biggest slice I've ever seen - and then a Slurpee on the way home. My dinner was a handful of chocolate-covered macadamia nuts, and about 10 Halloween pumpkins. What happened to my raw broccoli and hummus? My baked chicken and asparagus? Having sugar as a treat, instead of daily?

In the interest of full disclosure - and tracking my progress, I'm going to give you my real weight. Not my minus 5 lbs weight, not my driver's licence weight, my real-honest-to-goodness-what-I-weighed-today-in-the-nurse's office-with-all-my-clothes-on-but-no-shoes-and-I-can't-believe-it's-really-my-weight: 146.

Before I get on my flight to Kona in November 20th - for Thanksgiving, our 1 year anniversary and his 31st birthday, I will have a maximum weight of 136.

To achieve this, I'm going to continue running 3 days a week with Ann-Marie at lunch (this is our 4th week!), continue walking as much as possible, start counting my calories (1,500 max with only one cheat day per week) and, I ordered the Insanity workout!

No comments:

Post a Comment