Our miracle RAINBOW BABY BOY arrived 8/2018

1st IVF = BFN
2nd IVF = Baby A, born May 2015
3rd IVF = Miscarriage at 14 weeks
4th IVF = BFN
After we paid for 5th IVF, positive pregnancy without IVF!

Because the important moments in life just don’t fit in a status update! I started this blog when I was training for my first ½ Ironman, (70.3 miles) to record what I hoped would be growth and progress but ended up being a huge learning experience. Although fitness is one of the key ingredients to a happy life, it certainly isn't the only ingredient. My blog has evolved to document growth, progress and setbacks in other areas too. From my surprise proposal in Rome and wedding in the fall of 2013, to Mom's devastating stage IV cancer diagnosis and death 2 weeks after I found out I was pregnant. Who knows what shape it will take, but thanks for being along for the ride.

Friday, July 1, 2016

Her 1st Year in Review

If careful observation could slow the passage of time, my monthly blog entries over the last year would have done the trick. But just as everyone warned me, it passed in the blink of an eye. By far, it has been the most amazing year of my life. While I lament the loss of that helpless baby, I love seeing her grow and progress, and can't wait to see what the next year holds.


My friend Helen, new Mom to 3 month old Henry, said it best: 
I want him to simultaneously stay this exact size but also grow, so I can continue to get to know him and see him get even more cute.
I couldn't agree more. If I have any advice for new moms, it is document, document, document! I'm so glad I did because reading over some of these older postings, I am reminded of some adorable things she did that I swore I would never forget, but already have begun to. So here it is, a monthly update for every month of her first year.


Birth Story & First 2 Weeks
Two Months Postpartum
September, 3 Month Update
October, 4 Month Update
November, 5 Month Update
December, 6 Month Update
January, 7 Month Update
February, 8 Month Update
March, 9 Month Update
April, 10 Month Update
May, 11 Month Update
June, 12 Month Update

No comments:

Post a Comment