When we returned from Europe, Baby A had just turned 14 months and was into all sorts of things she couldn't reach before we left, like the counter tops. She was a different little person than the baby we left with. Suddenly sturdy on her feet, she has started running to and fro, for no reason in particular. It really feels like we left with a baby and returned with a toddler. Her Auntie Bex described it best:
It was especially amazing to watch Autumn transform from a baby to a toddler in front of our eyes in just a couple of weeks. All her pics before and early in the trip she looks so small (and adorable), then day by day she looks noticeably more toddler-y until she just is full toddler. I've never watched it happen so fast! You could almost pinpoint the moment! Must be so cool slash slightly sad as a parent to watch your child keep changing so fast right before your eyes!This month included a trip to Oregon, and a weekend in Morro Bay. Some things I always want to remember about this month:
- Imitation - Grandpa DeWitt was making hollow noise by knocking his head. She watched and then started hitting herself on the head in an attempt to make same sound. Using our cell phones.
- At the airport, she slowly walked around in a circle to get dizzy. In Oregon, in play-yard she walked into the playhouse and said "Buh-bye!" and closed the door. She did the same thing before she walked off in volleyball field. Or, the other side of the gate we were putting up for safety with the stairs. We were concerned with adhering it to the wall when she closed the gate, headed to the stairs with my husband and on on the other side and exclaimed "Buh-bye!" And, later in the month when we were sitting in the front and she said that before walking down the sidewalk, or before she closed the bedroom door.
- 8/7 Started leading Trevi around on the leash - even down the driveway. Intent on doing it all by herself.
- Exclaimed "Oh!" when she saw horses we took the gator to see. Tries to honk horn and drive.
- I was pushing her in the swing and covered my face in peak a boo and she covered her face. Putting the slinky down the ramp and running up and down grandma's new ramp.
- I love how when she waves, she rotates her whole hand. She can say "bye" or "buh-byeeee" and "Hi" now, and will sometimes say it randomly to people when we are out. If they don't answer her, she will repeat it. She will point to my eye (more accurately: put her finger in it) and proclaim "Eye!" She will also take my hand or my husband's hand and move it in a certain direction if she wants us to do something, like pet a dog.
- How when we ask "Where is your bracelet?" She holds her wrist out and puts it on display.
- She was perfect at the wedding reception, and fell asleep right on cue just after 9pm. Although it was noisy, she slept without stirring in her stroller until we were ready to leave around 11:30pm. (Who needs a sitter?) She transferred into and out of the car without waking, and went right down.
- When she finds a little ledge, like the window in Baja Fresh, she will go sit down. Sometimes, right as she sits she will sigh "Ahhhh..." as if she's really taking a load off.
- "Ahhhhhhhhhh..." after she takes a drink.
- I was driving home from work and on the phone with her Daddy. He prompted her to "Say hi to Mommy!" and clear as day, I heard "Hiiii!"