Our miracle RAINBOW BABY BOY arrived 8/2018

1st IVF = BFN
2nd IVF = Baby A, born May 2015
3rd IVF = Miscarriage at 14 weeks
4th IVF = BFN
After we paid for 5th IVF, positive pregnancy without IVF!

Because the important moments in life just don’t fit in a status update! I started this blog when I was training for my first ½ Ironman, (70.3 miles) to record what I hoped would be growth and progress but ended up being a huge learning experience. Although fitness is one of the key ingredients to a happy life, it certainly isn't the only ingredient. My blog has evolved to document growth, progress and setbacks in other areas too. From my surprise proposal in Rome and wedding in the fall of 2013, to Mom's devastating stage IV cancer diagnosis and death 2 weeks after I found out I was pregnant. Who knows what shape it will take, but thanks for being along for the ride.

Thursday, March 1, 2018

February Update - 32 Months

What an amazing month it has been!



We started the first weekend with unusually warm weather, and a trip to the beach with GranpaGlennie. She had an absolute blast digging in the sand with them under the shade of our umbrella. She loved letting them bury her feat and my "Oh no, you're stuck!" reaction before breaking free and running in a large circle, only to come back and repeat the process. But nothing topped her belly laughs when Grandpa ran toward the water and then let the waves chase him:

On the second weekend of the month, we had a play-date with Tommy and then later, her cousins came over for dinner. She had not had a chance to play with them since before Christmas! She loves it when people come over, and likes showing them random toys, and directing them to play. "Tommy - go in my house" or "Over here!" etc. 
Daddy spoiled his girls on Valentine's Day. A month before, when he talked about getting her a gold locket with family photos inside, I loved the idea. But with her being 2 1/2, I did not expect her to appreciate the gift. Boy, was I wrong! She absolutely loved her gold 'A' locket necklace, and loved putting it in her new jewelry box. Because it was adult size, she was able to put it over her head without help. Even the next morning, she woke up and wanted to wear it before she left for school. She went into her room and placed it gently in her ballerina box before we left. 

Because he had 3 dozen roses delivered to my work, I was not expecting a gift. He surprised me with with a beautiful ring with three rows of rubies. It is important to him to have A grow up seeing me wearing jewelry that will one day be hers. 

We had dinner at a local Italian place and A was as good as gold. We had the iPad with us in case of emergency, but she didn't need it at all. Instead, eating her spaghetti seemed to occupy most of her time, much to my delight.

 

I continued with my piano lessons every Friday afternoon, and she continued with continued her dance lessons every Saturday morning. Learning piano as a complete beginner is slow-going for me, but she's picking up her routine quickly!


She went to her first movie in the theater with me (Peter Rabbit) and lasted the length of the film! We had pizza at Pieology before the movie, so that we would miss all the previews. As we were sitting there enjoying our pizza, she asked "How was school today, Mom?" Thinking I did not hear her right, I asked "What did you say?" And she repeated it again. She will also now almost always ask the title of each song I play when we are driving to and from school. " What's this song, Mama?" or "What's this song called?"
Before our movie.
My husband and I have a week off together every February because of the district we work for. We spent a lot of time at home preparing for our pregnancy reveal party, but also worked in two days at the "Wolf Hotel." As always, she had a blast! And so did I. I'm just so happy when we're there, causing my husband to be perplexed and say "I don't understand why you like this place so much!" Well, I don't, really. I can't go down any of the water slides because I'm pregnant, different pools are periodically closed due to poop accidents, and I can't relax or read a book because she continually wants me to play with her. But it is my favorite place to go because of just how excited she gets in the days leading up to our trip and while we're there. I love seeing a group of older girls there and the thought that we'll be returning for a decade or more, much to my husband's dismay. 

When we returned, we adopted two kittens for baby A. A brother/sister duo rescued from the city of Compton. We named them Bonnie and Clyde and we are all in love.  We keep them in a spare bathroom during the day because they are still being litter box trained, but in the mornings and as soon as we get home, they roam throughout the house. Baby A especially likes playing with them in her room, and will often stay in there with the door closed for up to a half hour! 

We ended the month with a pregnancy and gender reveal party at our house. More about that (and the gender!) in the next post! Baby A is going to be the best big sister; she's already pretty excited. For the weeks leading up to the party, she would proudly announce "My Mommy has a baby in her tummy!"

No comments:

Post a Comment