Our miracle RAINBOW BABY BOY arrived 8/2018

1st IVF = BFN
2nd IVF = Baby A, born May 2015
3rd IVF = Miscarriage at 14 weeks
4th IVF = BFN
After we paid for 5th IVF, positive pregnancy without IVF!

Because the important moments in life just don’t fit in a status update! I started this blog when I was training for my first ½ Ironman, (70.3 miles) to record what I hoped would be growth and progress but ended up being a huge learning experience. Although fitness is one of the key ingredients to a happy life, it certainly isn't the only ingredient. My blog has evolved to document growth, progress and setbacks in other areas too. From my surprise proposal in Rome and wedding in the fall of 2013, to Mom's devastating stage IV cancer diagnosis and death 2 weeks after I found out I was pregnant. Who knows what shape it will take, but thanks for being along for the ride.

Thursday, April 22, 2021

March, 2021

The kids have a fairly busy weekly schedule with Awanas, horseback riding lessons, gymnastics and ice-skating, so sometimes it is nice to have the flexibility to play hooky on a whim and skip something just because it's raining outside and we don't want to leave the couch. We skipped Awanas one night in favor of a Disney movie, popcorn and cuddles. But the next time it rained, we made sure we walked in it and sent the leaf boats on their way in the gutter water, thoroughly soaking both kids' shoes. 

Kids this age (or any age?) can sure get disappointed when something promised doesn't happen and so rather than let them down, I like to surprise them with small things such as an impromptu visit to her favorite ice cream shop rather than planning something only to have it fall through. I love the flexibility it affords me and also the excitement that comes with the delivery. This month we had a surprise mani-pedi, walk on the back trail to the playground where we passed (and petted!) a horse, a trip to the Ferris wheel on Balboa Island via the ferry, a hike to the two palm trees on the hill, playtime at Pioneer Park and a pool day.

Cha is thriving at "My big house!" and talking up a storm! At night, he askes me to do "This little Piggy" and I always read to him. I love our nightly rituals, and am now reading Aut this chapter book. We started our Easter festivities early, with the first egg hunt on opening day at Irvine Regional Park. They also had a fun hunt with their cousins and at a park with their friends, getting in plenty of practice before the real day next month!
 
This month, the kids had an outdoor movie night with friends but had more fun playing than watching. They also had a blast selling popsicles through the fence to people walking on the trail, safely, with a sign, microphone, menu and basket and pully system. Leprechauns visited on St. Paddy's Day while the children slept and created mischief! 
Thanks to the vaccine, I was able to see my very best friend for the first time in over a year and celebrate her son's first birthday. We had amazing Mexican food and talked for hours, but time with her is never long enough. I also reconnected with an amazing couple that I used to baby-sit for and have not seen in over two decades! With Mom gone now, friends from my past who knew her hold even more meaning to me. Even if unspoken, there is an additional layer of closeness that I feel to her when in the presence of someone she knew.
Aut continues with her horse lessons, and earned the privilege of leaving the arena and riding on the trail, riding alongside her instructor! She did this by appropriately learning to control and steer her horse. We are so proud of her and all that she is accomplishing in this!

Books I finished this month:




And Then There Were None (Thank you, Andrea!)

No comments:

Post a Comment