Our miracle RAINBOW BABY BOY arrived 8/2018

1st IVF = BFN
2nd IVF = Baby A, born May 2015
3rd IVF = Miscarriage at 14 weeks
4th IVF = BFN
After we paid for 5th IVF, positive pregnancy without IVF!

Because the important moments in life just don’t fit in a status update! I started this blog when I was training for my first ½ Ironman, (70.3 miles) to record what I hoped would be growth and progress but ended up being a huge learning experience. Although fitness is one of the key ingredients to a happy life, it certainly isn't the only ingredient. My blog has evolved to document growth, progress and setbacks in other areas too. From my surprise proposal in Rome and wedding in the fall of 2013, to Mom's devastating stage IV cancer diagnosis and death 2 weeks after I found out I was pregnant. Who knows what shape it will take, but thanks for being along for the ride.

Wednesday, December 15, 2021

November, 2021

This month brought with it a decade together with my husband. A decade! We have been married for eight of those years, and dating for two. We were married on the exact date of our first date two years prior. The day after our anniversary, he turned 40. We celebrated at his parents' in Oregon, as I planned a surprise party for early December. 

Before I met him, my list of what I was looking for in a spouse was getting longer and longer while at the same time, the dating pool was dwindling. I was not finding anyone who had even half of what I was looking for and remember thinking to myself: Maybe I'm just supposed to find someone who has most of what I'm looking for or some of what I'm looking for. Maybe I'm supposed to settle, and just pick someone I can...tolerate. And then, he came along! He had everything on my list, such as sense of humor, education but also a ton of other things that I didn't realize were important such as wisdom, chivalry, strength and a fierce devotion to family. On our first date, he pulled my chair out for me and I sat in a different chair, because I didn't realize what he was doing. No man had ever done that for me.

His devotion to family came into play when Mom was diagnosed with terminal brain cancer a few months before our wedding. Right away, he helped her and my father relocate to Orange County for better treatment and so that we could spend more time together. He was a fierce advocate for her medical approvals and appointments, spending countless hours on the phone and with doctors, getting things done. And it was he who suggested she move in with us toward the end. I never would have asked this of my new husband, and the gift of time with her that he gave me is something I will forever be grateful for.

With each passing year, month, day and situation we encounter, I love and appreciate him more and more. I am beyond thankful that he is my husband. He is the best leader of our family and stands up in situations when needed. I value that he is not a push-over and doesn't get taken advantage of. I love his sense of humor; he makes life fun. He is a planner and has a lot of wisdom. When he does not know something that he needs to, he stays up all night researching it and charting the right course of action. He works hard to find the best deals and stretch our dollar, providing us with the type of life that I never dared to dream up. Plus, he looks great in a pair of slacks. Thank you, Nathan, for everything you do for us and for all that you are! Happy anniversary and happy birthday! I love you more than you know, and more and more with each passing day. We are so well-suited for each other, and I thank God every day for you. 


This was an awesome month, with a lot of fun and celebrations and even a few getaways. We worked in a few Disney days, a trip to Arizona for The Polar Express, spent the day with Thomas the Train out in Perris and worked in a trip to Oregon. It started to "feel" like Christmas, which I love. The kids are such a joy, and I love nothing more than watching their excitement and wonder.

The Polar Express:

Williams, Arizona


Bearizona!

Let's Go, Brandon!

Thomas the Train:


While we were in Oregon, we went to the Oregon zoo in Portland and also the zoo lights. The kids had so much fun with their Uncle Ben! I tried to run 3 miles most days, and loved helping cooking a big meal for Thanksgiving dinner. We went on our daily family walks around the lake, where the kids found fuzzy caterpillars and "nana slugs" and had fun feeding the fish and watching them jump! Aut also re-connected with the neighbor girl as well as the renter's granddaughter, who are both the same age.

   

Cha's teacher sent home a sweet email containing what she was thankful for with each student. About our sweet boy, she wrote: Cha- For making sure that everyone follows the class rules.

We continue to focus on gratitude and each day, I try to ask the kids to name three things they are thankful for. As for me, I'm thankful that God brought them all into my life. These are the best days of my life. These are the days I will relive and replay in my mind over and over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment