Our miracle RAINBOW BABY BOY arrived 8/2018

1st IVF = BFN
2nd IVF = Baby A, born May 2015
3rd IVF = Miscarriage at 14 weeks
4th IVF = BFN
After we paid for 5th IVF, positive pregnancy without IVF!

Because the important moments in life just don’t fit in a status update! I started this blog when I was training for my first ½ Ironman, (70.3 miles) to record what I hoped would be growth and progress but ended up being a huge learning experience. Although fitness is one of the key ingredients to a happy life, it certainly isn't the only ingredient. My blog has evolved to document growth, progress and setbacks in other areas too. From my surprise proposal in Rome and wedding in the fall of 2013, to Mom's devastating stage IV cancer diagnosis and death 2 weeks after I found out I was pregnant. Who knows what shape it will take, but thanks for being along for the ride.

Sunday, July 3, 2022

May, 2022

 Pool construction continues, and continues and....

...there is light at the end of the tunnel. The whole process has been a nightmare for my hubby, who bears the brunt of the decision-making process as well as all financial matters. But the finish line is sight, and we are beyond excited. He even shelled out the $12,000 for me to have a swim jet, so that I can get a good swim workout in! We never dreamed that a swim jet would cost that much, nor could we conceive the final cost of the pool! He said that of he had known the cost of putting in a pool, he would not have purchased our home. Thank goodness we were in the dark, because our home is prefect, not just inside but we love the location. We're at the end of a cul-de-sac and back up to open space that can't be built on and hiking/running/mountain bike trails which is a dream come true not only for me, but for the kids in years to come, as well as our dogs.

May is always a special time for me because the month starts with my birthday, and ends with our girl's birthday and we have mother's day in between! I marvel at how fast she seems to be growing, and just how quickly the time passes. 

Her birthday party was a success! This was the very first time she only invited girls, and only her class (plus cousin & neighbor). We were limited to 12 girls, but could pay a little extra to have up to 14 at the venue, Le Petiet Princesse. It was tough to not have some dear family friends there, but with the new school, we were hoping this would help her make some connections. I had no idea that all the girls would come! To make it special, and last a little longer, we had the girls all meet at our house and then took a limo to In-N-Out, and then on to the spa and tea parlor, where each girl received hair, makeup and nail polish before putting on a fashion show, having a tea party and a surprise visit from Aurora!

It was cute because on the limo ride there, all the girls were a bit reserved even though I was playing. But on the way back, they were dancing and giggling and being silly. 



The celebrations continued after her birthday party, with an evening at Chuck-e-Cheese and Great Wolf Lodge with her neighbor friend Mara and her cousins. She had her first sleepover there, when the girls stayed in the bunkbed area.



On Mother's Day, Elsa had 10 puppies! Ten! All survived, and are healthy and thriving.

1 comment:

  1. Such a fun month! What did you think of the Hobbit?

    ReplyDelete