Let your food be your medicine, and your medicine be your food.
My parents started it 6 weeks ago, and I hadn't seen them in 3 weeks. Quite honestly, I could not believe how much weight they lost; they have never looked better. Not big meat-eaters to begin with, the main change they made was cutting out all forms of processed food. More about that in a future blog post, but in the meantime, here's a delicious recipe (thanks Krista!) that I made for dinner tonight, and will take to work over the next few days. I've also dusted off my crock pot for the morning...stay tuned!
Asian Chopped Salad
- 2 cucumber, peeled and diced
- 8 oz. teriyaki-style baked tofu, diced (Trader Joe's)
- 1 red pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 stalks of celery
- 1 cup cooked shelled edamame
- 1/2 cup wasabi-seasoned peas
- 1 Tbs. minced fresh ginger, or more to taste
- Sesame-soy vinaigrette (also Trader Joe's)
- Chop it up and throw it all together in a bowl! (I also modified the directions).