Our miracle RAINBOW BABY BOY arrived 8/2018

1st IVF = BFN
2nd IVF = Baby A, born May 2015
3rd IVF = Miscarriage at 14 weeks
4th IVF = BFN
After we paid for 5th IVF, positive pregnancy without IVF!

Because the important moments in life just don’t fit in a status update! I started this blog when I was training for my first ½ Ironman, (70.3 miles) to record what I hoped would be growth and progress but ended up being a huge learning experience. Although fitness is one of the key ingredients to a happy life, it certainly isn't the only ingredient. My blog has evolved to document growth, progress and setbacks in other areas too. From my surprise proposal in Rome and wedding in the fall of 2013, to Mom's devastating stage IV cancer diagnosis and death 2 weeks after I found out I was pregnant. Who knows what shape it will take, but thanks for being along for the ride.

Saturday, July 30, 2016

42 Inspiring Infertility Bloggers Share How To Stay Positive

I've met a lot of women through social media who struggle with infertility. Struggling when trying to conceive to the point of infertility affects 1 in 6 healthy couples. Being able to communicate with someone going through the same thing has helped me tremendously, not just with support, but also with information. From before my first IVF cycle up until now, as I search for a clinic for my third IVF cycle. I have a phone consultation this morning with CNY in New York, because someone on Instagram told me about their amazingly affordable rates. How else would I have known?

Lisa Newton from Amateur Nester recently wrote a collaborative piece for Ovulation Calculator and invited me to participate. 

You need a network of support. I understand that not everyone is as open as I am and may not share their experience with their friends, family, co-workers and anyone who will listen. That's where these bloggers come in. Click on the a photo below to garner support, information or just to relate to someone who has walked your path (full article here).

You can also find me on Instagram at @meg_swanek. Nice to "meet" you!


This was compiled by Lisa Newton from Amateur Nester on behalf of Ovulation Calculator. Ovulation Calculator is a tool to help women better understand their cycles as well as predicting when you ovulate. To date, over 10,000 women have recorded a pregnancy with them.

3 comments:

  1. Your an inspiration. I've followed your story on Instagram. Weird how u think u know someone who is so far away and never met. Keep writing your honesty is so refreshing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kelly! I know exactly what you mean! :)

      Delete
  2. I read your blogs regularly. Your way is amusing, continue the good work!
    Birth pill reminder

    ReplyDelete