Our miracle RAINBOW BABY BOY arrived 8/2018

1st IVF = BFN
2nd IVF = Baby A, born May 2015
3rd IVF = Miscarriage at 14 weeks
4th IVF = BFN
After we paid for 5th IVF, positive pregnancy without IVF!

Because the important moments in life just don’t fit in a status update! I started this blog when I was training for my first ½ Ironman, (70.3 miles) to record what I hoped would be growth and progress but ended up being a huge learning experience. Although fitness is one of the key ingredients to a happy life, it certainly isn't the only ingredient. My blog has evolved to document growth, progress and setbacks in other areas too. From my surprise proposal in Rome and wedding in the fall of 2013, to Mom's devastating stage IV cancer diagnosis and death 2 weeks after I found out I was pregnant. Who knows what shape it will take, but thanks for being along for the ride.

Friday, January 28, 2011

Breakthrough!

So, today I had a breakthrough!!! I've been super concerned about the pain in my arms. And in the beginning, today was no different. Even on my 1st lap, in spite of the 500mg. of ibuprofen I took before leaving the house, my arms hurt. And because they hurt, my technique was even worse, sloppy and tentative.


Kieth watched me, and noticed that I was not keeping my elbow up as I raised my left arm. And my hands were not entering the water correctly. Your elbow should always be the highest point, like this:



Also, once my arms were in the water I was not bending my arms back at the elbow....I was pushing them straight down. This is all probably common knowledge to someone who swims, and so basic it's like trying to tell someone how to ride a bike or skate. You just...well, do it!

He told me to look over a few lanes, at a guy who was swimming with good form. I watched him for a few seconds and attempted to replicate what I saw. VoilĂ ! Not only did I experience less pain, but I was moving through the water! I was sliding my hands into the water, but with force. I was rotating my body more and reaching. I'm going to check out a few videos on technique this weekend, similar to this one:


No comments:

Post a Comment