Our miracle RAINBOW BABY BOY arrived 8/2018

1st IVF = BFN
2nd IVF = Baby A, born May 2015
3rd IVF = Miscarriage at 14 weeks
4th IVF = BFN
After we paid for 5th IVF, positive pregnancy without IVF!

Because the important moments in life just don’t fit in a status update! I started this blog when I was training for my first ½ Ironman, (70.3 miles) to record what I hoped would be growth and progress but ended up being a huge learning experience. Although fitness is one of the key ingredients to a happy life, it certainly isn't the only ingredient. My blog has evolved to document growth, progress and setbacks in other areas too. From my surprise proposal in Rome and wedding in the fall of 2013, to Mom's devastating stage IV cancer diagnosis and death 2 weeks after I found out I was pregnant. Who knows what shape it will take, but thanks for being along for the ride.

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Victuals

Workout:
Swam 1400 yards in 1 hour

Ran 3 miles
Biked 13.75 in 1 hour, 4 min.


So, what the heck am I eating while training? Well, I'm trying to find a nice balance between being satiated and having enough energy to perform, yet not overeating; using the fact I'm working out as an excuse to overindulge as I have in the past. 

Yesterday I was able to get in three workouts: a 5:15AM swim of 1,400 yards, a 3 mile run (27:30min.) on my lunch break, and a bike ride of 13.75 miles (1:04) after work. When I start my day with a swim I seem to be constantly hungry. Sometimes, I even notice my stomach growling while I'm swimming! For this reason, I may add a small snack or protein shake prior to my swim, or have a bigger breakfast. Looking at what I consumed yesterday, the majority of my calories are after 12pm, which isn't optimal.

Breakfast
  • Egg on toast (160)
  • Black coffee and juice (50)
Snack
  • Balance bar (200)
  • Banana sm. (70)
  • Almonds, 1/2 individual serving bag (100)
Lunch
  • Salad w/ red quinoa, mango & chicken on spinach w/ coconut chili dressing (240)
  • DiGornio 200 calorie portion pizza (200) 
Snack
  • Popcorn, 3/4 of 94% fat free individual bag (100)
  • Broccoli, raw 1/2 c. w/ 4tbs. hummus (180)
Dinner
  • Cabbage & carrots, raw & shredded w/ a few peanuts & 1tbs. spicy peanut vinaigrette dressing (105)
  • Pomegranate juice, 4oz. (75)
  • TJ's spicy jalapeno chicken sausage, two (200)
_________________________________________________________________
                              1,680 total calories

This seems like a lot of food, but I am trying to keep my calories above 1,600 and under 2,000.  I'll explain why in my next blog entry!

No comments:

Post a Comment