Our miracle RAINBOW BABY BOY arrived 8/2018

1st IVF = BFN
2nd IVF = Baby A, born May 2015
3rd IVF = Miscarriage at 14 weeks
4th IVF = BFN
After we paid for 5th IVF, positive pregnancy without IVF!

Because the important moments in life just don’t fit in a status update! I started this blog when I was training for my first ½ Ironman, (70.3 miles) to record what I hoped would be growth and progress but ended up being a huge learning experience. Although fitness is one of the key ingredients to a happy life, it certainly isn't the only ingredient. My blog has evolved to document growth, progress and setbacks in other areas too. From my surprise proposal in Rome and wedding in the fall of 2013, to Mom's devastating stage IV cancer diagnosis and death 2 weeks after I found out I was pregnant. Who knows what shape it will take, but thanks for being along for the ride.

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

January Totals

Workout:
3 miles in 25:40min.


My co-worker and friend is also training for a 1/2 Ironman and posted her monthly totals, prompting me to look up mine. I was surprised to find that I'm not too far behind her! I had a laundry list of reasons to NOT go on my run tonight, including the fact that totals were higher than I expected. But I just got back from my run and as always, feel fantastic!


Here are my monthly totals for January:


SWIM      9,800   yards in 7:16:00 min
BIKE        113.5   miles in 11:15:44 min (13.6 mi/hr)
RUN             46    miles in 7:00:20 min (9:08 min/miles)


With the increase in my level of activity (this is way more than when I just ran!) I'm finding that some days, I'm constantly hungry...especially if I start my day with a swim. While complex carbs are important for sustained energy and simple carbs are good pre/post workout, protein is really important for muscle recovery. Fortunately, Muscle Milk is delicious! I'm having one-two scoops of this almost every day.


My breakfast: 2 scoops powder, 8-10oz. of cold coffee, ice & banana in blender. Yum!


No comments:

Post a Comment